Town of GermantownOffice Website of the Town of Germantown, Juneau County, WI
Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Germantown Town Hall
N7560 17th Avenue
New Lisbon, WI 53950
December 9, 2008
Town Officials Present: Supervisors Rosetta Boyle, Steve Gillespie, and Michael Poe
Town Officials Absent: Chairman William Jax and Supervisor Dave Specht
Others Present: Clerk/Treasurer Betty Manson, Clerk/Treasurer Assistant Marion Uphoff, Zoning Administrator Bill Bruce, Emergency Management Director Fred Cobbs, Public Works Worker Dick Martin, Gervase Thompson, and Keith Korbein.
Call Meeting to Order
Boyle called the regular monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
The pledge of allegiance was recited by all present.
Verification of Proper Posting
Boyle stated that this meeting had been properly posted at 3 locations and published in “The Messenger” on May 7, 2009.
Approve Agenda in Any Order
Jax stated the board will follow agenda as presented.
Motion by Poe to approve the minutes of the regular monthly board meeting held on November 11, 2008, 2nd by Poe, Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report, Bank Reconciliation Report, Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s, Inc./Morro’s Mile Inc. Report
Manson read the monthly financial statement. One outstanding check of $121.88. Poe stated he has reviewed and reconciled with the bank statements. Motion by Poe to approve the treasurer’s and reconciliation reports as presented, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Open Account at Bank of Mauston
Motion by Poe to open an account at the Bank of Mauston with the provision that along with the Clerk/Treasurer, a second person (Town of Germantown Board member) must sign all incoming and outgoing money transfers to the Local Government Investment Pool, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Approve 2009 Budget
Motion by Poe to approve the 2009 budget with the adjustment of the Clerk/Treasurer’s and Assistant’s wages, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Employee Health Insurance
Jax would like to have a special board meeting to discuss employee health insurance.
- Law Enforcement Report: Due to Officer Green being involved with a bank robbery, Cobbs reported that the radio should be brought from the old squad car and put into the new truck when it arrives.
- Emergency Report: Cobbs reported that he has signed up 4 people (Cobbs, Poe, Gillespie, and Manson) to attend 2 exercises to be held in January and February 2009 at the Kalahari. The first exercise will be the breaching of the Petenwell Dam. Cobbs also reported that he will take the possible purchase of Digital/Handheld radios and an antenna to the Emergency Management Committee. A snow blower is needed for the Town Hall/Community Center for sidewalks and roof.
- Park Report: Boyle has no report for the month of December
- Records Storage Building/Garage: Cobbs reported that the building committee is waiting for plans. Poe stated that in mid 2009 the town could get possibly public works funding. Cobbs stated that this building should possibly have the energy efficient option.
- Roads Report: Poe reported the ATV ordinance has been published. The DNR and Juneau County need to be notified. The ATV routing signs have not arrived per Martin. No action can be taken until the signs have been installed. Martin reported that the Town truck could possibly arrive around December 20th. Martin has made a list of the proposed roads that the town will be plowing and has talked to the Juneau County Highway Department. They stated that the town will be taking approximately 10 hours per snowstorm to plow each time. The town will purchase the sand/salt mixture from Juneau County and will have pile at the Town of Germantown’s Public Works Garage.
Zoning Administrator’s Report
Bruce reported 2 building permits (8-71 & 8-72) for the month of November, totaling $7,40.00.
Motion by Poe to approve 36 checks #13598 thru 13641 totaling $16,915.65 from the checking account and 2 checks #588 & #589 totaling $55,234.50 from the money market account. 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Thompson questioned the costs/hours of the law enforcement. Does the Town get a report from the officer? Is the officer required to attend meetings? Thompson has some concerns. Public works are eligible for grants for radios, but none for towers or repeaters. Thompson also questioned the minutes – the 200 acres in Castle Rock doesn’t affect the density? Bruce stated that it does not have to retain ownership to remain as part of PUD; it also has to remain non-buildable. Thompson also questioned if the Zoning Ordinance violations are being enforced. Poe stated that violations will be enforced.
Motion by Gillespie to adjourn the regular monthly town board meeting at 7:44 p.m., 2nd by Poe. Motion Carried.
Supervisor Boyle declared the regular monthly town board meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Betty Manson, Clerk/Treasurer