Town of GermantownOffice Website of the Town of Germantown, Juneau County, WI
Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Germantown Town Hall
N7560 17th Avenue
New Lisbon, WI 53950
October 12, 2010
Town Officials Present: Chairman William Jax, Supervisors Rosetta Boyle, Steve Gillespie, Michael Poe, and Dave Specht
Town Officials Absent: None
Others Present: Clerk/Treasurer Betty Manson, Assistant Clerk/Treasurer Marion Uphoff, Zoning Administrator William Bruce, Town Worker Richard Martin, EM Director Fred Cobbs, and approximately 14 guests
Call Meeting to Order
Chairman Jax called the regular monthly board meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all present.
Verification of Proper Posting
Manson verified that this meeting had been properly posted at 4 locations within the town and on the Town’s website, and was published in “The Messenger” on October 7, 2010.
Approve Agenda in Any Order
Jax stated the board will follow agenda as presented.
Motion was made by Boyle to approve the minutes of the regular monthly board meeting held on September 7, 2010, 2nd by Gillespie, Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report, Bank Reconciliation Report, Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s, Inc./Morro’s Mile Inc. Report
Manson read the monthly financial statement. Outstanding checks total $3,932.95. Loan for new truck – $117,760.61 (On 9-8-2010 paid $48,676.00 for truck equipment). Poe stated that he had reviewed and reconciled with the bank statements and is in agreement with Clerk/Treasurer on 10/8/2010. Poe also stated that he has reviewed the checks on-line, checking who the check was made out to and verifying the amount and he reviewed the endorsements of the canceled checks, and all were correct. Motion was made by Poe to approve the treasurer’s and reconciliation reports as presented, 2nd by Jax, Motion Carried. Poe read Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s, Inc. and Morro’s Mile Property Owner’s Inc. monthly financial reports for the month of September, 2010. Motion was made by Poe ao approve the Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s, Inc. financial report dated September 30, 2010. Income $1,515.46; Disbursements: $1,385.00. Balance: $2,900.46. No outstanding checks. And Morro’s Mile Property Owner’s Inc. financial report dated September 30, 2010. Income: $0.17. Disbursements: $20.56. Balance: $2077.05. No outstanding checks. 2nd by Jax. Motion carried.
Candidate for State Assembly – Sarah Ann Shanahan
Sarah Ann Shanahan spoke on being candidate for State Assembly on the November 2, 2010 ballot.
Mutual Aid Response System – Necedah Fire Department
Scott Wilhorn from the Necedah Fire Department presented the Town Board with a new mutual aid response system that requires board action. Motion was made by Specht to pursue the mutual aid response system, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried. Put on November’s agenda. No Action Taken.
Alliant Energy Update
Bruce state that Alliant Energy has expanded the coverage areas down 38th to Pine Cove. Alliant Energy is 30 days behind. Target date for completion is end of November. Activation will take place in sections.
Combining Sanitary Districts #1 & #2
Poe contacted Attorney Curran, stating that the Town Board can dissolve Sanitary Disctrict #2. The Town can do this by State Statute, will get this from Attorney Curran and have on November’s agenda. No action taken.
- Law Enforcement Report: Officer Green absent, no Law Enforcement Report received.
- Town Officer Contract: Cobbs stated that the Town Officer Contract automatically renews every year unless either the Town of Germantown or Juneau County ends the contract. Cobbs continued that the only complaint has been speeding problems.
- Emergency Management Report: Cobbs reported that Bruce and he went to a Community Wildfire Protection Plan meeting on September 15, 2010; he will continue to look into the hazard mitigation program. He will again apply for a chipping grant. He also reported some flooding of the Yellow River and that the Wisconsin River was also very high. Bruce notified Homeowner’s Associations of the potential flooding, while Gillespie/Cobbs monitored the River/Lake levels. Cobbs stated that the plan that the Town has in place worked well.
- Park Report – Lamps for parking lot pole lights: Boyle recommends updating the parking lot lights, as the current lights do not give the proper lighting to the new back parking lot. She has received a quote of $1,600.00 for labor/bulbs. Motion was made by Boyle to update the parking lot lights, not to exceed $1600.00, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried.
- Roads Report
- Speed limit changes: Gillespie recommends that the Town roads that are not marked are 55mph and can drop to 45mph. Motion was made by Gillespie to accept recommendation from the Road Committee to approve Attachment A: changing speed limits from 55mph to 45mph, and to pursue speed limits of 25mph and 35mph on other Town roads, 2nd by Specht. Motion carried.
- Quotes for 2010/2011 Salt Hauling: Poe has received a quote of $8.50/ton to deliver the 2010/2011 salt to the Town salt shed from Kendall Trucking. Motion was made by Poe to accept the quote of $8.50/ton to deliver the 2010/2011 salt to Town salt shed from Kendall Trucking, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion carried.
- Building Report: Poe has nothing new to report; stating that the fuel tank / fence needs to be put up yet.
- Zoning Administrator’s Report – Building Permits: Bruce report 7 building permits issued: 10-52 thru 10-58
Set Dates for 2011 Budget Meeting/Workshop: The 2011 Budget date was set for November 16, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. The budget workshop meeting was set for October 19, 2010 at 5:30p.m., with the possibility of another meeting October 21, 2010 at 5:30p.m. if needed
Vouchers: Motion was made by Boyle to approve 57 checks #14767 thru #14824 and 2 EFT #2010-22 and 2010-23, totaling $38,810.38, One check #14766 was voided from the General Account. One check #603 totaling $35,089.14 from the Money Market account, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
- Cheryl Lester: Could the Town check into the possibility of a Retail Business on Godfrey Drive?
- Michael Dugger: Stated that 2 more of his neighbor’s vehicles are not registered.
- Brad Pavloski: Questioned where the Alliant Energy lines are on 38th.
Closed session as per state statute 19.85 (1)(C) considering employment, promotion, compensation, or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility
Motion by Poe to go into closed session per state statute 19.85 (1)(c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation, or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility at 8:10 p.m., 2nd by Gillespie. Roll Call taken by Manson: Specht – Aye, Boyle – Aye, Poe – Aye, Gillespie – Aye, and Jax – Aye. Motion Carried.
Reconvene in Open Session as per state statute 19.85 (2)
Motion by Boyle to reconvene in open session as per State Statute 19.85 (2) at 7:50 p.m., 2nd by Specht. Roll Call taken by Manson: Specht – Aye, Boyle – Aye, Poe – Aye, Gillespie – Aye, and Jax – Aye. Motion Carried.
Any Business Transaction from Closed Session: Motion was made by Poe to have Jeffrey Keating as the large truck backup snowplow driver; to increase his wage to $13.50/hour, 2nd by Gillespie. Boyle would like to do the rest of the employee’s evaluations at a later date. Motion carried.
Adjourn Meeting: Motion was made by Specht to adjourn the regular monthly town board meeting at 8:39p.m., 2nd by Poe. Motion Carried.
Chariman Jax declared the regular monthly town board meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Betty Manson, Clerk/Treasurer