Town of GermantownOffice Website of the Town of Germantown, Juneau County, WI
Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Germantown Town Hall
N7560 17th Avenue
New Lisbon, WI 53950
September 7, 2010
Town Officials Present: Acting Chairman Supervisor Michael H Poe, Supervisors Steven Gillespie, and David Specht.
Town Official Absent: Chairman William Jax and Supervisor Rosetta Boyle
Others Present: Clerk/Treasurer Betty Manson, Assistant Clerk/Treasurer Marion Uphoff, Zoning Administrator William Bruce, Town Worker Dick Martin, EM Director Fred Cobbs and approximately 12 guests
Call Meeting to Order
Acting Chairman Poe called the regular monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
The pledge of allegiance was recited by all present.
Verification of Proper Posting
Manson verified that this meeting had been properly posted at 4 locations within the Town and on the Town’s website, and was published in “The Messenger” on September 2, 2010.
Approve Agenda in any Order
Motion was made by Poe to approve the agenda in the order as presented, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion carried.
Motion was made by Gillespie to approve the minutes of the regular monthly board meeting held on August 10, 2010 as written, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report, Bank Reconciliation Report, Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s, Inc/Morro’s Mile Inc. Report
Manson read the monthly financial statement. Poe stated that he had reviewed and reconciled with the bank statements and is in agreement with Clerk/Treasurer on 9/7/2010. Poe also stated that he has reviewed the checks, checking who the check was made out to and verifying the amount and he reviewed the endorsements of the cancelled checks, and all were correct. Motion was made by Poe to approve the treasurer’s and reconciliation reports as presented, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried. Poe read Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s, Inc and Morro’s Mile Property Owner’s Inc. monthly financial reports for the month of August 2010. Motion was made by Poe to approve the Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s, Inc financial report dated August 31, 2010 and Morro’s Mile Property Owner’s Inc. financial report dated August 31, 2010, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Resolution 2010-10: To transfer funds to balance 2010 budget
Poe read Resolution 2010-10. Motion was made by Poe to approve Resolution 2010-10 To Transfer funds to balance 2010 budget, 2nd by Specht. Roll Call vote was taken by Manson. Specht – Aye; Gillespie – Aye, and Poe – Aye. Motion Carried.
Carl W Nelson Animal Shelter
Rosemary Aney/Kim Connors/Terry DalValla gave a presentation on the Carl W Nelson Animal Shelter and asked the Board to consider being a part of the 2011 budget for a proposed new shelter. No Action Taken.
Manson stated that Officer Green had done background checks on Faber and Haunroth and he recommended approval. Motion was made by Poe to approve the following operator’s licenses: Christopher M Faber – Buckhorn Cafe and Gregory Haunroth – Fresh ‘n Frozen, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried.
Alliant Energy Update
Bruce stated that Alliant Energy is moving forward with the Natural Gas within the Town and expects to be done with the proposed area for 2010 by the end of October/early November. Poe recommends that the Town not sign a contract with Rochi-Cre and daily pay.
Sanitary Districts #1 & #2
The Town Board is still waiting for the opinion of legal counsel. Tabled.
- Law Enforcement Report: Gillespie reported the law enforcement committee met in August. They focused on current events
- Speeding Problem Areas: Castle Rock Estates/Whistling Wings/41st/16th – encouraging the Town Officer to be more visible and step up enforcement.
- Possible purchase to upgrade shotgun: Gillespie reported the need for an upgrade to the shotgun to make it a tactical shotgun. Motion was made by Gillespie to upgrade the shotgun, not exceeding $600.00 and to come out of the Emergency Management Budget, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried.
- Possible Purchase CD ROM for Law Enforcement Computer: Currently the Law Enforcement Computer does not have a CD ROM. Motion was made by Gillespie to purchase a CD ROM for the Law Enforcement Computer, not exceeding $254.00 and to come out of the General Fund, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried.
- Town Officer Contract: Juneau County Sheriff’s department has not submitted a new Town Officer Contract to the Town as requested. Bruce stated that it was his understanding that the current Town Officer contract automatically renews every year if there are no changes.
- Emergency Management Report: Cobbs reported that he has been looking into grants. Cobbs and Bruce will attend a Wildfire Committee Meeting scheduled for September 15, 2010.
- Park Report: Poe reported that the community center/town hall parking lot will be double jet sealed on September 9, 2010 and stripping will follow. He also suggested putting reflective tape on the light poles to make them more visible. He is waiting for quotes for more lamps needed on the light poles.
- Roads report: Poe reported that the new snowplow truck was delivered today and is in the parking lot for anyone to look at. All Town roads will now be plowed by the Town.
- Motion was made by Poe to purchase 200 Ton of salt at a cost of $58/Ton from North American Salt Company/LaCorsse, 2nd by Specht. Motion carried.
- Building Report: Poe reported the security system is waiting for the telephones to be installed.
- Action Electric: Motion was made by Poe to pay the Action Electric invoice of $650.00 that was not included in their original bill, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
- Zoning Administrator’s Report:
- Building Permits: Bruce reported 8 building permits were issued: 10-44 and 10-51.
- Planning Commission Recommendation to Town Board for Review and Approval of Preliminary and Final Plat to 5th Addition to Copper Point: Bruce reported that un-platted lots are not platted in 5th Addition to Copper Point and is part of the original PUD and meets the requirements. Motion was made by Specht to approve the preliminary and final plat to 5th Addition to Copper Point, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Motion was made by Gillespie to approve checks totalling $113,578.40 from the General Account, 1 check for $186.12 from the Impact Fee Account, 2 checks totaling $132,000.00 from the Business Account, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried.
- James Collis: Please check with Juneau County to see if the Chain of Command list is correct.
- Pat Pavloski: Make sure that the stripping of the parking lot has been done correctly especially the handicap parking areas.
- Andy Suehs: Volunteers his property on Timber/Beach Drive for Town Officer to park his car to enforce speeding limits. Questioned the Town Board to what has been done for rental property problems. He requested that this be an agenda item for the Planning Commission.
- Michael Dugger: Also volunteers his property on 16th for Town Officer to park his car to enforce speeding. He would like lower speed limits.
- Gervase Thompson: Would like to see proposed Alliant Energy Natural Gas map. Also commented on lowering speed limits – must meet State standards. Thanked Town Workers for the nice job of clearing brush on Petras Lane that they did.
- Betty Manson: Read Thank-you sent to Town Board from Juneau County Economic Development Committee for waiving Water Fest Fireworks fee.
Motion was made by Specht to adjourn the regular monthly town board meeting at 8:35p.m., 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Poe declared the regular monthly town board meeting adjourned.
Betty Manson, Clerk/Treasurer