Town of GermantownOffice Website of the Town of Germantown, Juneau County, WI
Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Germantown Town Hall
N7560 17th Avenue
New Lisbon, WI 53950
September 8, 2009
Present: Chairman William Jax, Supervisors Rosetta Boyle, Steve Gillespie, Michael Poe, and Dave Specht
Others Present: Clerk/Treasurer Betty Manson, Assistant Clerk/Treasurer Marion Uphoff, Zoning Administrator William Bruce, EM Director Fred Cobbs, Public Works Worker Richard Martin, and approximately 15 guests.
Call Meeting to Order
Jax called the regular monthly board meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all present.
Verification of Proper Posting
Manson verified that this meeting had been properly posted at 4 locations within the town and this agenda was published in “The Messenger” on September 3, 2009.
Approve Agenda in any Order
Motion was made by Boyle to approve the agenda as presented, 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Motion was made by Boyle to approve the minutes of the regular monthly board meeting held on August 11, 2009, and a special board meeting held on August 20, 2009, 2nd by Poe. Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report, Bank Reconciliation Report, Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s Inc./Morro’s Mile Inc. Report
Manson read the monthly financial statement. Poe stated he has reviewed and reconciled with the bank statements on September 4, 2009 and is in agreement with the clerk/Treasurer. Poe also stated that he reviewed the checks on the internet comparing the front and back of each check finding no discrepancies. Motion was made by Poe to approve the treasurers and reconciliation reports as presented, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried. Motion was made by Poe to approve Buckhorn Acres Property Owner’s Inc. Financial Report dated August 31, 2009, and Morro’s Mile Financial Report dated August 31, 2009. 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
ATV Route – Re-Approval
Motion was made by Poe to re-approve the following routes of Ordinance #43 Section 6(a)(i): Route One: Nordall Road north to Sawyer Road from County Hwy G; Sawyer Road west to 19th Ave and Section 6(a)(ii): Route Two: 19th Ave from County Hwy G to 30th St E; 30th Street west to 17th Ave; 175h Ave north to 28th Street connecting to Town of Necedah ATV route, 2nd by Specht. Motion Carried.
- Law Enforcement Report: Cobbs read a report from Town Officer Green that stated there have been a few burglaries in northern portion of the township; several loud noise complaints within the township; a few complaints of barking dogs and dogs running at large resulting in citations being issued.
- Emergency Management Report: Cobbs reported that he has received a litter from Lemonweir Valley Telephone in regards to the emergency phones that the township has on vacation; the town will have 2 active vacation phones and the other 2 will be activiated when needed, saving the town $450.24/year. Cobbs has been notified that the Town will receive 1 mobile and 1 portable digital radio through the Homeland Security Grant. The AED’s defibrillators updates have been installed and when tested they are working properly.
- Park Report: Boyle had nothing to report for this month.
- Roads Report: Poe reported that 41st road preoject is completely done, as is Allied Crack filling and Farhner’s. Scott’s Construction is here now doing 37th shouldering, Water Stone, 4′ bar on 37th and Sunny Lane cul-de-sac. He reported that all looks fine.
- Building Report: Poe reported that bid opening will be September 10, 2009 at 3:00 p.m. He gave the board members a key point’s guide to follow. Poe also stated the town’s engineer – Larry Koopman has recommended a steel structure for the town’s maintenance building and has spoken to Charles Gibbons – Lampert, Lee and Associates engineer that has given him the rationale for building a steel structure for the public works building.
Zoning Administrator’s Report
- Building Permits: Bruce reported 9 building permits were issued since the last meeting, 9-48 thru 9-54.
- Resolution #2009-06 Creating PUD #15 Rock Island Lake: Bruce reported that there needs to be some changes, therefore, he recommends that Resolution #2009-06 be tabled. Motion was made by Poe to table Resolution #2009-06 creating PUD #15 Rock Island Lake until September 18, 2009 at 5:30 p.m., 2nd by Gillespie, Motion Carried.
Motion was made by Boyle to approve 46 checks #14055 thru #14100 & EFT 09-09 and service charge – totaling $127,808.80 from the checking account, 2 checks #1022 and #1023 totaling $136,500.00 from business account, 2nd by Poe. Motion Carried.
Gene Homan commented on the propsed new maintenance building and sand/salt shed. Brad Pavloski inquired where the money would be coming from for the proposed new maintenance building and sand/salt shed. Chris Pokela and Greg Zingler were here representing the Timberwood Bank. They stated that their bank has a special account for municipalities with an interest rate of 3%.
Motion was made by Specht to adjourn the regular monthly town board meeting at 7:35 p.m., 2nd by Gillespie. Motion Carried.
Chairperson Jax declared the regular monthly town board meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Betty Manson, Clerk/Treasurer