Town of GermantownOfficial Website of the Town of Germantown, Juneau County, WI
Town of Germantown
BOARD OF REVIEW
Thursday, November 17, 2022
5:00 p.m. (must be in session a minimum of 2 hours)
Town of Germantown Town Hall
N7560 17th Avenue
New Lisbon, WI 53950
- Call Board of Review to order
- Roll call of those in attendance.
- Confirmation of appropriate Board of Review and Open Meetings notices.
- Selection of Chairperson and Vice Chairperson for Board of Review.
- Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements.
- Verify that the Town has an ordinance for the confidentiality of income and expense information provided to the assessor under state law (sec. 70.47(7)(af))
- Review new laws.
- Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s Office.
- Receipt of the Assessment Roll by clerk from the Assessor
- Receive the Assessment roll and sworn statements from the Clerk.
- Review the Assessment Roll and Perform Statutory duties:
Examine the roll,
Correct description or calculation errors,
Add omitted property, and
Eliminate double assessed property.
- Discussion/Action – Certify all corrections of error under state law (sec. 70.43, Wis. Stats.).
- Discussion/Action – Verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
- Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data.
- During the first two hours, consideration of:
- Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause,
- Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement,
- Subpoena requests, and
- Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
- Review Notices of Intent to File Objection.
- Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date.
- Consider/act on scheduling additional Board of Review Date(s).
- Adjourn (to future date if necessary).