Town of GermantownOfficial Website of the Town of Germantown, Juneau County, WI
Planning Commission Meeting
Town of Germantown Town Hall
N7560 17th Avenue
New Lisbon, WI 53950
June 3, 2020
Present: Commission Chair Shannon Armel, Commissioners Keith Korbein, Ken Jax, Mick McCormick, Gervase Thompson via telephone but left shortly into ordinance discussion, Commissioner, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer Michaele Korbein
Absent: Zoning Administrator Dick Martin
Guests: Chris Renner and Brad Pavloski
Call to Order
The Planning Commission meeting was called to order at the Germantown Town Hall at 5:30 p.m.
Possible approval of meeting minutes
A motion was made by Mick McCormick, seconded by Ken Jax, to approve the minutes from the April 15, 2020 meeting. Motion carried 5-0.
Discussion and possible approval of Preliminary Plat and Final Plat for 8th Addition to Island Lake at Copper Point
Discussion highlights: This is on Lots 170-189 and Outlots 25-29. There are no changes to what was approved for developing for either plat. Twenty more lots are planned yet of the approved 364 total lots.
Keith Korbein made a motion to approve the Preliminary Plat and Final Plat for the 8th Addition to Island Lake at Copper Point, seconded by Ken Jax. Motion passed 5-0.
Work session on zoning ordinance updates
Discussion on each section submitted by Vierbicher for review. Specific areas that may need wording adjustment
– Sections 3.03(3)(b) and 3.04(3)(b) change “150 feet” to “per Juneau County Shoreland Ordinance and Act 55”.
– Section 3.05(7) in first paragraph, remove “including time share campgrounds”.
– Section 3.07(4) change “Lisbon and Waukesha County” to “Germantown and Juneau County”.
– On the Permitted and conditional Uses Table: 4100 insert ‘C’ in MVP and 8000 remove ‘C’ in ARO.
– Section 5.08(1) change “forty-five (45) days” to ninety (90) days.
– Discussed Section 6.05
– Section 11.0 include definitions of “Developed” and “Undeveloped”
– Additional items to go to Shannon from Michaele for Vierbicher’s review.
Discussion on signs and sign ordinance
Need to include definition of a Realtor/Real Estate, need to include size, components, removal, location.
Discussion on camping and camping ordinance
-Need to adjust the paragraph in Section 5 from “ 5(a) and 5(b)” to “5(a) or 5(b)”.
-Need to adjust the definition of “Camping trailer”, specifically: “if wheels have been removed, it shall be construed as permanent dwelling structure”. But it does not conform to the definition of a Dwelling so it should not be said as such. A Dwelling has to be 816 sq ft minimum. So that wording needs to be removed and something else added to capture that area.
The next Planning Commission meeting will be determined.
Ken Jax made a motion, seconded by Keith Korbein, to adjourn at 7:00pm. Motion carried 4-0.
Michaele Korbein, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer