Town of GermantownOfficial Website of the Town of Germantown, Juneau County, WI
Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Germantown Town Hall
N7560 17th Avenue
New Lisbon, WI 53950
May 9, 2017
Present: Chairman Gregg Haunroth, Supervisors Skip Barton, Ray Feldman, Keith Korbein, Ken Jax, Zoning Administrator Dick Martin, Emergency Management Director Fred Cobbs, Assistant Emergency Management Director Christopher Leopold, Administrative Assistant Linda Salzwedel
Call To Order
The meeting was called to order at the town hall at 6:00 p.m.
A motion was made by Ray Feldman, seconded by Skip Barton to approve the April minutes with the correction of adding the street in front of Buckhorn Café to the discussion about Ordinance 46. Motion carried 5-0.
Bank Reconciliation and Checks
Financial reports were provided to the board. A motion was made by Skip Barton, seconded Keith Korbein, to accept the bank reconciliation and Treasurer’s Report, and approve checks 10091-10134 totaling $30,209.39, and EFT’s totaling $4,331.23. Motion carried 4-0.
There were no Operator’s Licenses to vote on.
Resolution 2017-1 Amendment to 2017 Budget
A roll call vote was taken to approve Resolution 2017-1 Amendment to the 2017 Budget. Haunroth – Y, Jax – Y, Barton – Y, Korbein – Y, Feldman – Y. Motion carried 5-0.
Discussion and possible action on Ordinance 46: Parking on Town Roads
A roll call vote was taken to approve adding no parking on 19th Street in front of Buckhorn Café to Ordinance 46. Haunroth – Abstain, Jax – Y, Barton – Y, Korbein – Y, Feldman – Y. Motion carried 4-0.
A roll call vote was taken to approve adding no parking on Osprey Drive in front of Dirty Turtle to Ordinance 46. Haunroth – Abstain, Jax – N, Barton – N, Korbein – N, Feldman – N. Motion denied 4-0.
Comprehensive Plan – Ordinance 55
A roll call vote was taken to approve Ordinance 55 Adopting the Comprehensive Plan. Haunroth – Y, Jax – Y, Barton – Y, Korbein – Y, Feldman – Y. Motion carried 5-0.
Opening of Road Bids
Three bids were opened, and will be reviewed to be voted on at the next meeting.
Appointment of committee members for 2017-2018
Appointments were made to the following committees:
- Roads: Dick Martin (Chair), Gregg Haunroth, Randy Mullenberg
- Board of Appeals: Mike Raabe (Chair), Ray Feldman (Board), Eric Vogele, Skip Barton (Board), Erin Voll
- County Board Representative: Ray Feldman
- Budget: Gregg Haunroth (Chair), Susan Ganther (Clerk/Treasurer), Ken Jax
- Cram Representative: Dale Simonson
- Public Safety: Fred Cobbs (Chair/EM Director), Chris Leopold, (asst. EM Director), Gregg Haunroth (Board), Keith Ganther, Doug Staller, Gervase Thompson
- Planning Commission: Shannon Vogele (Chair), Keith Korbein, Paul Szymaszek, Ken Jax, Dave Specht, Dale Simonson (Alternate)
- Parks: Denise Cobbs (Chair), Susan Ganther (Clerk/Treasurer), Ken Jax, Jan Brendle, Gregg Haunroth (Board)
EM Director Fred Cobbs reported the April calls for Ambulance 9, Police 40, Fire 1.
A helicopter landing zone needs to be budgeted for next year; it will be $7600. Two wind socks and poles are needed. There will be three locations – possibly a 4th. One location will be the parking lot of the town hall, so the two center light poles will need to be moved.
Fred described the new entrance locks to be installed at the town hall for emergency personnel in case someone calls for emergency help and is alone in the office and can’t get up to let someone in.
Fred talked about the PILT money that we get, and listed all the people who get a share of that, leaving a small amount for us. He says the county does not contribute at all, even though our town officer is pulled away from Germantown to the county at times. He asked Ray Feldman to look into the possibility of the county starting to contribute.
Dick Martin says a portion of 20th street that was seal coated last year by Scotts has peeled away with the plowing this winter. Scotts came and looked at it. Scotts would like to give us one mile of seal coating, which could come off the bids. It will not get any worse now. Gregg asks if we are taking a mile off there, could we add to the bids a mile somewhere else. Dick agrees it’s a good idea.
Dick says we need gravel for patching in Castle Rock Estates and a couple other little places – Dick Martin will provide a list of these for the board.
TRIP program will be this year. The county will be split in 3 sections instead of by townships. Gregg asks if we should be represented at the TRIP meetings. Susan will find out when the meeting will be. Report back to board next month further on this.
Dick Martin reported that the park pavilion has shingles off and it needs to be addressed. A steel roof will be put on instead of more shingles, and it will match the roof on the outdoor public bathrooms.
- Gregg Haunroth: He reported on the sanitary District 1 elections. We have the new election announced on our Facebook page. He is concerned that not everyone can vote. He wants to make sure we have board representation.
Ambulance – Gregg and Jeremy have talked about how budget is created and that he would like it to be in an open meeting to remain transparent. The meeting is next Wednesday. There was further conversation about the budget.
- Skip Barton: Skip says since we are dealing with the Ambulance and a lot of other things – maybe we can have some work sessions throughout the year. Gregg agrees that is a good idea.
- Gregg Haunroth – we need a date to set up a special meeting for the item that was left off the agenda by mistake. We’ll need 24 hours posting notice, so the meeting is set for 8:00 tomorrow (Wednesday) night.
There were 5 permits issued since the last meeting. Three were for new houses. Twelve permits for the year, so far.
Brad Pavloski says that some people think we were trying to change the sanitary district. We just want it done properly and transparently.
Also Brad said that HGTV will televise the show about homes in Germantown on June 11 on the show Lakefront Bargain Hunt, at 7:30 p.m. Linda will put it on Facebook and Website when Brad provides the link.
A motion was made by Ken Jax, seconded by Keith Korbein to adjourn at 7:38 p.m. Motion carried 5-0.
Linda Salzwedel, Administrative Assistant